(1) Regular meetings of the city council shall be held on the dates and at the times established by the council groundrules.
(2) The mayor may, or at the request of three councilors, shall, call a special meeting of the council.
(3) The council groundrules shall provide for the manner of public notice to be given of the time and place for holding meetings of the council and of the boards, committees, commissions and subcommittees of the city, which shall be in compliance with the Oregon public meeting law.
(4) The council shall hold at least one public hearing prior to taking final action on any ordinance, except where a hearing has been held under Section 7.187, of the Eugene Code, 1971.
(5) Prior to invoking the forfeiture provision of section 23 of the Eugene Charter of 2002, the council shall cause written notice of its intent to act to be served upon the affected councilor.
(6) The council shall adopt council groundrules that include, but are not limited to:
(a) Rules of procedure governing the conduct of all meetings of the council or of any committee appointed by it as set forth in Robert’s Rules of Order Revised and the quasi-judicial procedures of this code.
(b) The dates and times of its meetings.
(c) The content and order of agendas.
(d) Requirements for public hearings other than those specified in the Eugene Charter of 2002, this code or state law.
(7) The council groundrules shall provide for the taking of written minutes of all its meetings in accordance with the public meeting law.
(8) No council meeting shall be held at any place where discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age or national origin is practiced. However, the fact that organizations with restricted membership hold meetings at the place shall not restrict its use by the council if use of the place by a restricted membership organization is not the primary purpose of the place or its predominate use. Meetings do not include any on-site inspection of any project or program, or the attendance of councilors at any national, regional or state association to which the city or the councilors belong.
(9) Meetings of city boards, committees, commissions or subcommittees shall be governed by the foregoing provisions.