(1) The commission shall consist of seven members to be appointed by the council.
(2) The members of the commission shall hold office for four years.
(3) Any member who misses more than six consecutive regular meetings without having been given a leave of absence by the council shall be removed by the council, and another member shall be appointed by the council to complete the unexpired term of such member.
(4) Commission members shall receive no compensation but shall be reimbursed for duly authorized expenses.
(5) Any vacancy in the commission shall be filled by the council for the unexpired term of the predecessor in office.