(1) Notice. Prior to the imposition of any fee, charge or rental or the use of the airport, the city manager shall give notice of the proposed rate or amount of such charge by:
(a) Making copies of the notice of intended charges available to any person who has requested such notice and to persons currently paying such charges;
(b) Publishing the notice of intended charges in a newspaper of general circulation within the city; and
(c) Posting such notice at two locations at the airport.
(2) Contents of notice. The notice of intended charges shall state the current and proposed charge, fee or rent, the results of the city manager’s investigation, proposed findings on the applicability of the standards set out in section 2.442, and the time, place and manner in which interested persons may present their views on the intended action.
(3) Opportunity for comment. The city manager shall give interested persons reasonable opportunity to submit data or views in writing. At the request of ten persons or of a person potentially obligated to pay more than $500.00 per year by the imposition of the proposed charge, the city manager shall conduct a public hearing on the proposed charge. The city manager may delegate to a hearings officer the conducting of a public hearing.
(4) Decision. The city manager, on the basis of the manager’s investigation and the comments of interested persons, shall approve, modify or disallow the proposed charge by order. The order shall contain written findings and conclusions based on the standards set forth in section 2.442. The city manager shall mail copies of the decision to all interested persons, i.e., persons who have submitted written or oral comments on the charge or who have requested a copy of the decision. The city manager shall also promptly deliver copies of the decision to the mayor and city councilors. Unless reviewed by the council, the decision is final on the eleventh day after it is rendered.
(5) Review of decision. At the request of two councilors, made within ten days of the city manager’s decision, the decision, or any part thereof, shall be reviewed by the council. On the basis of the administrative record before the city manager, the council shall approve, modify or disallow the proposed charge by order. The order shall contain written findings and conclusions based on the standards set forth in section 2.442, and shall be mailed to all interested persons. The order is final on the date rendered.