(1) Every licensee’s communications facility shall be subject to the right of periodic inspection and testing by the city to determine compliance with the provisions of this code, a franchise or license agreement, or other applicable laws that the city has some responsibility to enforce. The city shall have the right, upon request, to be notified and be present when the licensee’s communications facility is tested by the operator. Each operator must respond to requests for information regarding its existing system and plans for the system as the city may from time to time issue, including requests for information regarding its plans for construction, operation and repair and the purposes for which the facility is being constructed, operated or repaired. The city engineer may require such information including GIS format or other drawings, surveys and plans as deemed necessary to determine whether the proposed work conforms to the requirements of this code.
(2) Each operator of a communications facility that places facilities underground shall be a member of the regional notification center for subsurface installations (Underground Services Alert) and shall field mark the locations of its underground communications facilities upon request. The operator shall locate its facilities for the city at no charge.
(3) The work to be performed by an operator shall be publicized as the city may from time to time direct.
(4) Each licensee shall provide the city a plan for any initial system construction, or for any substantial rebuild, upgrade or extension of its facility, which shall show its timetable for construction of each phase of the project, and the areas of the city that will be affected.
(5) A communications facility operator shall not deny service, deny access, or otherwise discriminate against subscribers, programmers, suppliers, vendors, or residents of the city on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, conditions of physical handicap, religion, ethnic background, marital status, or sexual orientation.
(6) A communications facility operator shall not discriminate among persons or the city or take any retaliatory action against a person or the city because of that entity’s exercise of any right it may have under federal, state, or local law, nor may the operator require a person or the city to waive such rights as a condition of taking service.