(1) Every person, before becoming a dealer in motor vehicle fuel in this city, shall make application to the tax administrator for a license authorizing such person to engage in business as a dealer.
(2) Applications for the license shall be made on forms prescribed, prepared and furnished by the tax administrator.
(3) Applications shall be accompanied by a duly acknowledged certificate containing:
(a) The business name under which the applicant transacts business.
(b) The address of applicant’s principal place of business and location of distributing stations in and within three miles of the city.
(c) The name and address of the managing agent, the names and addresses of the several persons constituting the firm or partnership or, if a corporation, the name under which the corporation is authorized to transact business and the names and addresses of its principal officers and registered agent, as well as primary transport carrier.
(4) If an application for a motor vehicle fuel dealer’s license is complete and accepted for filing, the tax administrator shall issue to the dealer a license in such form as the tax administrator may prescribe to transact business in the city. A license issued hereunder is not assignable, and is valid only for the dealer in whose name it is issued.
(5) The tax administrator shall retain all completed applications with an alphabetical index thereof, together with a record of all licensed dealers.