(1) Merchandise, boxes, building materials, household goods, or other things or articles may be left on the sidewalk for not more than two hours when in the course of receipt or delivery.
(2) Wood for fuel may be left in a street or alley for not more than 36 hours if it does not obstruct the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
(3) Trees and shrubs which are not a nuisance or an unreasonable obstruction to pedestrian or vehicular traffic may be placed and maintained on sidewalks; provided that a permit to do so has been obtained from the city manager or the city manager’s designate.
(4) Benches may be placed on sidewalks with the permission of the city manager or the city manager’s designate.
(5) A builder may make use of a portion of the street or sidewalk when necessary for the construction of a building; provided that a permit to do so has been obtained in accordance with and subject to section 5.350.
(6) If authorized under the City Manager’s rules for priority of placement, containers supplied by licensed solid waste and recycling firms may be placed:
(a) On a sidewalk, provided the placement of the container(s) leaves at least three feet of the paved area of a sidewalk unobstructed; or
(b) Between the curbs of streets that do not have designated bicycle lanes immediately adjacent to the curb, no earlier than 7:00 p.m. on the day prior to the customer’s regularly scheduled collection service, and shall be removed no later than midnight of the day of the collection service, or in such other manner or place as authorized by administrative rules adopted by the City Manager pursuant to section 2.019 of this code.