(1) No person responsible shall cause or permit a nuisance on public or private property.
(2) The person responsible shall be liable for injury, damage or loss to person or property caused by the negligent failure to abate any nuisance described in this code.
(3) The city shall not be liable for injury, damage or loss to any person or property caused in whole or in part by the failure of the person responsible to comply with subsection (1) of this section, or by the failure of the city as a person responsible to abate a nuisance.
(4) Neither the duty of the person responsible to keep property free of nuisances nor his/her failure to do so is dependent upon notice from the city to abate the nuisance.
(5) The person responsible shall defend and hold harmless the city from all claims for loss or damage arising from the failure to comply with subsection (1) of this section.