(1) Restrictions on the Sale and Use of Plastic Foam Insulation Products used in Construction. No person shall (a) sell insulation made with ozone-depleting chemicals; (b) install any insulation containing, or manufactured using, ozone-depleting chemicals in, on or under any structure; or (c) sell or use a blowing agent containing ozone-depleting chemicals.
(2) Restrictions on the Sale and Use of Other Products Containing HCFCs: No person shall sell or use any of the following products if they contain HCFCs: aerosol propellants, fire extinguishers, electronic solvents, and metal solvents.
(3) Restrictions on the Sale and Use of Pesticides. No person shall sell or use any pesticide containing HCFC 123, CFC 113, methyl bromide, or any other ozone-depleting chemical which is installed with an agent containing HCFC 123, CFC 113 or methyl bromide.
(4) Effective Date of Restrictions. Notwithstanding subsections (1) to (3), the restrictions imposed by those subsections shall not take effect until 90 days after the city manager determines under section 6.725, that ozone-safe substitutes exist for the ozone-depleting products. The restrictions imposed by subsections (1) to (3) shall apply only to the products for which such a determination is made.
(5) Restrictions on the Sale and Use of Other Ozone – Depleting Products.
(a) If the city manager determines, based on the criteria and methodology established pursuant to section 6.725, that sale and use of a product not included in subsection (1) to (3) of this section should be prohibited, the city manager shall so designate that product by amending the rule containing the list of prohibited ozone-depleting products referred to in subsection (1)(b) of section 6.725, to include the additional product.
(b) No person shall sell or use any product which the city manager designates as a prohibited ozone-depleting product pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection. The prohibition contained in this paragraph shall take effect 90 days after the city manager’s action in subparagraph (a) of this subsection.