(1) Applicability. The standards in this section apply to areas shown in Figure 9.3135 S-DR Zone Regulating Plan as S-DR/MU/1. In the event of a conflict between the specific development standards in EC 9.3180, the specific development standards in EC 9.3181 shall control.
(2) Specific Development Standards.
(a) Build-to Lines and Setbacks.
1. Buildings shall face a primary street and the first two stories shall not be set back from the front property line.
2. Buildings shall be provided along a minimum of 50 percent of the length of the street facing property line.
(b) Building Transparency.
1. Windows, openings, or doorways are required along all street facing ground floor walls at a minimum of 60 percent of the length and 25 percent of the area of applicable ground floor walls.
2. Windows shall cover a minimum of 25 percent of the wall area for all floors above the ground floor along all street facing facades.
(c) Eco-roofs. Buildings must provide eco-roofs or occupiable space on all roof surfaces, with the exception of the following.
1. Roof structures, architectural features, and other devices pursuant to EC 9.6720(1) through (3) and access structures are allowed on roof surfaces. The combined area of such roof structures, architecture features, other devices, and access structures shall not exceed 25 percent of the total roof area.
2. Eco-roofs shall comply with design requirements in the Eugene Stormwater Management Manual.
3. Occupiable space is roof surface used primarily for outdoor seating, dining, gathering, performance, or viewing that consists of surfaces and amenities that support those specific activities.
(d) Landscape Specifications. There is no minimum landscape requirement, except as specified at EC 9.3170.
(3) Design Review. As an alternative to compliance with (2)(a) through (d) above, an applicant may apply for approval of an alternative through the Design Review process in accordance with the provisions of EC 9.3190.