(1) Applicability. The standards in this section apply to areas shown in Figure 9.3135 S-DR Zone Regulating Plan as S-DR/MU/2. In the event of a conflict between the specific development standards in EC 9.3180, the specific development standards in EC 9.3182 shall control.
(2) Specific Development Standards.
(a) Build-to Lines and Setbacks.
1. Buildings shall face a public or private street and the first two stories shall not be set back from the front property line, except for the following.
a. For buildings that include only residential uses, the entire building may be set back from the front property line a maximum of 8 feet, as shown in Figure 9.3180, Note 3.
b. For all other uses, up to 50 percent of the building may be set back from the front property line a maximum of 15 feet, as shown in Figure 9.3180, Note 2.
c. The setback area must be an enhanced pedestrian amenity or urban plaza as defined at EC 9.0500.
d. Recessed entries are excluded from the build-to line and setback requirements.
2. Buildings shall be provided along 80 percent of the length of the street facing property line, except where an alley or accessway is provided.
(b) Building Transparency.
1. Windows, openings, or doorways are required along all street facing ground floor walls at a minimum of 60 percent of the length and 25 percent of the area of applicable ground floor walls.
2. Windows shall cover a minimum of 25 percent of the wall area for all floors above the ground floor along all street facing facades.
(c) Residential Density. A minimum of one story of residential use is required. Buildings greater than three stories must provide residential uses consistent with uses listed at EC 9.3145(3) on all stories above the second story.
(d) Landscape Specifications. There is no minimum landscape requirement, except as specified at EC 9.3170.
(3) Design Review. As an alternative to compliance with (2)(a) through (d) above, an applicant may apply for approval of an alternative through the Design Review process in accordance with the provisions of EC 9.3190.