(1) Applicability. The standards in this section apply to areas shown in Figure 9.3135 S-DR Zone Regulating Plan as S-DR/CL and, where specified, to Parks and Open Space uses permitted in the S-DR/MU, S-DR/MU/1 and S-DR/MU/2 subdistricts. In the event of a conflict between the specific development standards in this section and other applicable standards, the specific development standards in EC 9.3185 shall control.
(a) The general development standards in EC 9.3155(1), (2), (4) through (10), and (12) through (15) do not apply in the S-DR/CL subdistrict or to Parks and Open Space uses permitted in the S-DR/MU, S-DR/MU/1 and S-DR/MU/2 subdistricts.
(2) Subdistrict Development. The S-DR/CL subdistrict shall be developed to include the features identified on Figure 9.3185, in the configuration shown on the Figure.
(3) Specific Development Standards.
(a) Planting and Replanting. Planting or replanting within the S-DR/CL subdistrict shall comply with the following standards:
1. Riverfront Park Planting Standards. In areas designated as riverfront park on Figure 9.3185, at least 50 percent of the trees, 40 percent of the total number of shrub plants, 30 percent of the total number of grass plants, and 30 percent of the total number of groundcover plants shall consist of plant species selected from the list of native plants in the Goal 5 Native and Non-native Plant List (Exhibit F to Ordinance No. 20351).
2. Riparian Enhancement Planting Standards. In areas designated as riparian enhancement on Figure 9.3185, all plantings shall be plant species selected from the list of native plants in the Goal 5 Native and Non-native Plant List (Exhibit F to Ordinance No. 20351).
a. Planting or replanting within 25 feet of the Willamette River ordinary high water line shall include native tree or large shrub species.
b. Where non-native or damaged trees are removed within 25 feet of the Willamette River ordinary high water line, they shall be replaced with native tree or large shrub species. Trees removed within an identified view corridor shown on Figure 9.3155(3) shall be replaced outside of the view corridor.
3. Replanting of areas cleared of existing vegetation must be completed within 90 days following the removal or clearing, unless otherwise approved by the planning director.
4. Planting and replanting with seed shall be timed so that germination occurs prior to November 15, unless germination requirements of the seed require otherwise, in which case germination shall be accomplished at the earliest date practicable.
5. Plantings shall not adversely affect adjacent protected water resources or existing native vegetation through shading or invasion by plant species.
6. Non-native invasive species are prohibited.
7. Planting or replanting within an identified view corridor shown on Figure 9.3155(3) shall not include any trees or large shrub species.
1. The Riverbank Trail, which is considered a multi-use path for the purposes of the S-DR Zone, may be constructed of impervious material.
2. All trails outside of /WR conservation areas in the S-DR/CL subdistrict shall be universally accessible, meeting ADA accessibility standards.
(c) Public Access. Public access shall be provided through public accessways in locations shown on Figure 9.3160(4).
(d) Setbacks. Restrooms, playground apparatuses, and park furnishings including picnic tables, benches, bicycle racks, and interpretive signage shall be set back from abutting property and rights-of-way a minimum of 15 feet.
(e) Plaza Surfacing. The 5th Avenue plaza area as shown on Figure 9.3185 shall be surfaced with a durable, hard surface other than asphalt. Asphalt surfacing is prohibited within the plaza.
(f) Signage. Signs shall be no more than 5 feet tall, and 16 square feet per face in surface area, except for signs intended to be read from moving automobiles, such as site entrance signs, which shall be no more than 8 feet tall and 32 square feet per face in surface area.
(4) Design Review. As an alternative to compliance with subsection (3) above, an applicant may apply for approval of an alternative through the Design Review process in accordance with the provisions of EC 9.3190.