(1) Maximum building height, minimum building setbacks, and maximum building dimensions may be modified with an approved planned unit development permit. (For planned unit development procedures refer to EC 9.7300 General Overview of Type III Application Procedures and for approval criteria refer to EC 9.8320 Tentative Planned Unit Development Approval Criteria – General.)
(2) A more restrictive height limit applies within 50 feet of an abutting property zoned R-2 or R-3. (Table 9.2750.)
(3) Special setback provisions may also apply. (EC 9.6750 Special Setback Standards.)
(4) More restrictive setbacks apply for schools, churches, public and semi-public institutional uses. (EC 9.2740 Residential Zone Land Use and Permit Requirements.)
(6) The following interior yard setbacks are required in the S-DW zone:
(a) All lots or development sites in the S-DW zone shall have interior yard setbacks of at least 10 feet between the buildings, without regard as to the location of the property line, or no interior yards required if the buildings abut or have a common wall, except where a utility easement is recorded adjacent to an interior lot line, in which event there shall be an interior yard no less than the width of the easement. There shall be no projection of building features into the easement.
(b) Except where buildings abut or share a common wall, the owner of a lot or parcel with an interior yard of less than 5 feet from the adjacent property line must secure and record in the office of the Lane County Recorder a maintenance access easement adjacent to that side of the building. The easement shall be on a form approved by the city manager and shall be accompanied by a fee set by the city manager. The easement shall provide a 5 foot wide access the entire length of the building and 5 feet beyond both ends, and require a 10-foot separation between buildings on separate lots.
(c) Alley access parcels shall be subject to the provisions of this section for all yards, including the yard adjacent to the property line separating the alley access parcel from the original parent parcel.
(7) Parking is prohibited within the front yard setback.
(8) Landscape Standards.
(a) Minimum Landscape Area Required. At least 20% of the development site shall be landscaped with living plant materials. All required landscaping shall comply with landscape standards beginning at EC 9.6200 Purpose of Landscape Standards. Any required landscaping, such as for required front yard setbacks or off-street parking areas, shall apply toward the minimum landscape requirements for the development site.
(b) Minimum Landscape Standard. Unless otherwise specified in this land use code, required landscape areas must, at a minimum, comply with EC 9.6210(1) Basic Landscape Standard (L-1). Up to one third of the required landscape area may be improved for recreational use or for use by pedestrians. Examples include walkways, plazas and benches.
(c) Required Landscaping in Front Yard Setbacks. Landscape planting beds within any required front yard setback shall be a minimum of 7 feet in width and shall comply, at a minimum, with EC 9.6210(1) Basic Landscape Standard (L-1).