(1) An adjustment may be made to the development standards of Table 9.3815(3)(n) and this section in accordance with EC 9.8030(17).
(2) A minimum 5’ interior yard setback is required along alleys.
(3) Certain building features and uses may intrude into the required setback. See EC 9.6745 Setbacks – Intrusions Permitted
(4) Except as provided in this subsection (4), no interior setback along the side property lines is required if common wall construction is used. If common wall construction is used, it must conform to applicable building codes. A 5 foot setback is required at the end of a rowhouse building, or a minimum of 10 feet between the rowhouse building and any adjacent building.
(5) All buildings in the MSC and CMU subareas fronting on either Royal Avenue or Roosevelt Boulevard shall be set back 6’ from the front property line. The setback area shall be paved to create a continuous 12’ wide sidewalks along the full length of the Main Street Commercial and Commercial Mixed-Use designations along the Royal Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard street frontage.
(6) For commercial and mixed use buildings not fronting on either Royal Avenue or Roosevelt Boulevard, at least 80% of the street-facing facade of commercial and mixed-use buildings must be within 15’ of the front lot line.
(7) Garage and Carport Placement.
(a) Within the LDR subarea, attached or detached garages and carports:
1. Shall be set back a minimum of 18’ from a public or private street if the garage or carport entrance faces the street;
2. Shall be set back a minimum of 10’ from a public or private street if the garage or carport entrance is perpendicular to the street;
3. Shall be set back a minimum of 5’ from an alley, measured from the edge of the property line;
4. Garage and carport entrances may be placed only:
a. Perpendicular to (facing) an alley, parallel to an alley, or angled up to 45 degrees to an alley.
b. Perpendicular to (facing) or parallel to a street;
c. As part of the front facade of a structure if recessed at least 4’ behind the front wall of the structure, excluding porches or other projections;
d. At the rear of a dwelling unit with access from a street. This type of access is prohibited where it would result in adjacent driveways. In that case, a shared driveway and reciprocal access easements shall be required.
(b) Within the RMU subarea:
1. All garages and carports shall be located so as to take access from an alley
2. A minimum 5-foot rear yard setback is required for garages and carports that are accessed from an alley. Garages and carport entrances may be located perpendicular to (facing) an alley, parallel to an alley, or angled up to 45 degrees to an alley.
(8) Garbage Collection. Garbage collection areas shall not be located within required setbacks.
(9) Delivery and Loading Areas. Within the RMU, CMU and MSC subareas, delivery and loading facilities are not permitted in required setback areas.