Except as provided in subsections (5) to (12) of this section, sections 9.6000 to 9.6885 General Standards for All Development in this land use code shall apply within this S-W zone. In the event of a conflict between the general development standards of this land use code and the standards set forth in this section, the specific provisions of this section shall control:
(3) Commercial and Professional Office Standards. Except as provided in subsections (5) to (12) of this section, all commercial or professional office development and information technology services shall be subject to the standards established for the C-2 zone.
(4) Mixed Use Standards. Mixed use development shall be subject to the least restrictive standards set forth in this section that are applicable to the project.
(5) Parking. Off-street parking shall be provided in accordance with applicable provisions of this land use code, including provisions for shared parking and parking within 1000 feet of the development site, except that there shall be no off-street parking required for motor vehicles for up to 6 residential dwellings that are part of a mixed use development.
(6) Landscaping. At the time property adjoining a public right-of-way is developed or redeveloped, the curb strip landscaping shall be restored or implemented. An exception to the use of plant materials shall be made if the curb strip is providing another function for the public such as a bus stop shelter, secure bicycle storage area, or wider sidewalk. The use of benches or moveable planters are also encouraged in this area. Any permits required by provisions of this land use code shall be obtained prior to such restoration or installation of benches or planters.
(7) Height. Height limitations in this S-W zone shall not exceed 45 feet in height. Height limitations established in EC 9.6715 Height Limitation Areas to protect the view to and from Skinner Butte, shall apply to those areas indicated herein.
(8) Lot Area. Each lot or development site shall have a minimum area of 4,500 square feet. However, lot area, frontage, and width minimums may be adjusted by the planning director if consistent with the purpose and intent of this land use code and necessary and suitable within the zone.
(9) Solar Access. Development shall be exempt from the solar access requirements of this land use code.
(10) Sign Standards. The provisions of the Employment and Industrial Sign Standards set forth in this land use code shall apply within this S-W zone, except that additional restrictions may be imposed through site review.
(11) Historic Marker Preservation. Development within this zone shall not result in removal of the stone marker of Eugene Skinner’s cabin. When the area south of Second Avenue, between Lawrence and Lincoln Streets, is redeveloped, enhanced opportunities for public viewing of the stone marker shall be provided.
(12) 3rd-4th Connector. Prior to new development along the 3rd-4th connector, the city manager may include requirements such as, but not limited to, public right-of-way dedication and realignment, street improvements, and sidewalks.