(1) Application Requirements. In addition to standard required application materials, a development permit proposing a new building, change of use, additional use, or building expansion that exceeds 25 percent of the existing building square footage on the development site shall include the following additional application material at the time of submittal:
(a) Demonstration of compliance with EC 9.7007 Neighborhood/Applicant Meetings. Developments that require multiple applications may convene a single neighborhood/ applicant meeting to address all materials; and
(b) A pre-clearance letter issued by the Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA) confirming that the proposed use and associated operations have the ability to meet air quality standards with appropriate control technologies and mitigation measures. The LRAPA pre-clearance letter does not constitute formal approval of the use by either LRAPA or the City of Eugene.
(2) Development Standards. In addition to the development standards of the applicable base and overlay zones, a development permit proposing a new building, change of use, additional use, or building expansion that exceeds 25 percent of the existing building square footage on the development site shall demonstrate compliance with the following standards at the time of application submittal.
(a) Single Business. Development shall be limited to a single business per tax lot (tax lots shown on Figure 9.4170 or subsequently created as permitted by the lot standards in EC 9.4170).
(b) Lighting. The proposed use shall comply with the Outdoor Lighting standards in EC 9.6725.
(c) Indoor Activity. For development located south of Clear Lake Road only, manufacturing operations of the proposed use shall be conducted indoors.
(3) Performance Standards. In addition to demonstrating compliance with the development standards of the applicable base and overlay zones, a development permit proposing a new building, change of use, additional use, or building expansion that exceeds 25 percent of the existing building square footage on the development site shall provide a statement on the application plans committing the applicant to compliance with the following performance standards during operation:
(a) Odors and Emissions. Emission of smoke, dust, fumes, offensive odors, or gases associated with the proposed use will not be noticeable at the property line by a human observer relying on human senses without the aid of a device. Additionally, the permit requirements of the State and/or LRAPA will remain applicable.
(b) Vibration. Uses are operated so that any generated ground vibrations – continuous or recurrent – will not be perceptible, without instruments, at any point along the property boundary within which the proposed use is located.
(c) Noise. The proposed use will comply with the Environmental Noise Disturbance standards in EC 6.750. In addition to the standards therein, measurements of the 60 dBA limitation shall also be applicable along property lines of adjacent, affected public lands (i.e., schools, public parks).
(4) Prohibited Uses in the /CL Clear Lake Overlay Zone. The following uses are prohibited within the /CL Clear Lake Overlay zone:
(a) Asphalt mixing and batching.
(b) Chemical products manufacturer (includes synthetic fertilizers).
(c) Chrome and nickel plating.
(d) Cleaning and dyeing plant.
(e) Correctional facility, excluding residential treatment center.
(f) Concrete, gypsum, and plaster products manufacturer.
(g) Dry cleaner.
(h) Garbage dump, sanitary land fill.
(i) Mineral resource mining, recovery, stockpiling, processing (including smelter or ore reduction).
(j) Paper mill (conversion of raw material, i.e., pulp to paper).
(k) Petroleum/fuel refining and re-refining.
(l) Race track, including drag strip and go-cart tracks (not including indoor uses).
(m) Rubber and plastic products manufacturer (includes tire manufacturing and re-tread operations).
(n) Wood preservation.
(o) Wood biomass-fueled cogeneration facility.
(p) Wastewater (sewer) treatment facility (not including industrial pre-treatment facilities).
(q) On land designated Campus Industrial by the comprehensive plan, the following uses are also prohibited:
1. Manufactured and mobile homes manufacturer.
2. Recreational vehicles manufacturer.
3. Wholesale, warehousing, and distribution (unless provided as an accessory use)
(5) Adjustment Review.