Except for garage sales lasting no more than 3 consecutive days no more than 3 times in a year, and day care facilities, which are exempt, home occupations shall be subject to the following standards:
(1) The home occupation shall be incidental to the dwelling’s residential use.
(2) There shall be no more than 1 non-illuminated sign permitted per each home occupation with a maximum limit of 2 signs per dwelling, consisting of a maximum of 1½ square feet in surface area per sign. The sign shall be attached to the dwelling or home occupation structure.
(3) There shall be no activity or display, other than the allowed sign, that will indicate from the exterior of the building that the property is being used for any purpose other than a dwelling.
(4) There shall be no display of materials visible from the street or outside storage other than plant materials.
(5) The home occupation shall not generate excessive traffic, on-street parking, glare, heat, electromagnetic interference or other emissions that are perceptible beyond the home occupation property. There shall not be regular freight truck delivery more than twice a week.
(6) The home occupation shall not result in any structural alterations or additions to the dwelling that will change its primary use as a dwelling.
(7) The dwelling shall not be used as headquarters for the assembly of workers for instruction or other purposes, including dispatch to other locations.
(8) There shall be a limit of 1 business vehicle per home occupation. In connection with home occupations, a business vehicle is any vehicle that is used in the conduct of the home occupation, or which has the name or logo under which the home occupation activity is conducted painted or otherwise exhibited on the vehicle.
(9) Other than dwelling residents, there shall be a maximum of 2 employees per dwelling.
(10) Parking shall be provided as required in conjunction with the dwelling.
(11) A resident of the dwelling shall be employed in the home occupation.
(12) There shall be no motor vehicle or motorcycle repair except to vehicles owned by persons residing on the property.
(13) A home occupation shall not be permitted in a dwelling located on a flag lot.