Except where qualified as a nonconforming sign, the following signs are unlawful and are declared to be nuisances:
(1) Any sign constructed or maintained which, by reason of its size, location, movement, coloring or manner of illumination may be confused with or construed as a traffic control device or which hides from view any traffic control device.
(2) Any sign written or placed upon or within a motor vehicle with the primary purpose of providing a sign not otherwise allowed by the sign standards.
(3) Any sign constructed, maintained or altered in a manner not in compliance with the sign standards.
(5) Decorative laser signs, search lights, and flashing signs;
(6) Inflatable signs other than balloons;
(7) Portable signs, except as authorized by a permit within the Downtown Activity Zone and warning signs as permitted by EC 9.6605 Reconciliation;
(8) Strings of lights not permanently mounted to a rigid background or otherwise qualified as seasonal decorations; and
(9) Signs in the public right-of-way not authorized by a governmental agency.