The city manager may require the developer to dedicate a reserve strip controlling the access to a street or alley when a reserve strip is necessary to address one or more of the following:
(1) To prevent access to abutting land at the end of a street in order to assure the proper extension of the street pattern and the orderly development of land lying beyond the street.
(2) To prevent access to the side of a street on the side where additional width is required to meet the right-of-way standards provided in Table 9.6870 Right-of-Way and Paving Widths.
(3) To prevent access to land abutting a street of the development, but not within the development itself.
(4) To prevent access to land unsuitable for development.
(5) To prevent access prior to payment of street improvement assessments or connection charges.
(6) To prevent access to an arterial or collector street when such access would be inconsistent with EC 7.420.