(1) When required by state law, at least 35 days prior to the public hearing, the city shall submit written notice to the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development that includes the information required by state law.
(2) At least 30 days prior to the hearing, written notice of the public hearing and the nature of the request shall be mailed to all of the following:
(b) Owners and occupants of the subject property.
(c) Owners and occupants of property located within 500 feet of the perimeter of the subject property.
(d) Neighborhood group and community organization officially recognized by the city council that includes the area of the subject property.
(e) Community organizations that have submitted written requests for notification.
(f) For Willamette Greenway permits, public hearing notice shall also be provided to the Oregon Department of Transportation.
(3) The notice shall include all of the following:
(a) The street address or other easily understood geographical reference to the subject property.
(b) The applicable criteria for the decision, listed by commonly used citation.
(c) The place, date, and time of the hearing.
(d) The nature of the application and the proposed use or uses which could be authorized.
(e) A statement that a copy of the staff report will be available for inspection at no cost at least 7 days prior to the hearing and will be provided at reasonable cost.
(f) A general explanation of the requirements for submission of testimony and the procedure for conduct of hearings.
(g) A statement that copies of the application and all evidence and documents submitted by or on behalf of the applicant are available for review, and that copies can be obtained at cost.
(h) A statement that failure to raise an issue at the hearing, in person or by letter, or failure to provide statements or evidence with sufficient specificity to enable the decision maker to respond to the issue, precludes an appeal based on that issue.
(i) The name and telephone number of a city contact person.
(j) A brief summary of the local decision making process for the decision being made.
(4) If the application under review is for a conditional use permit, planned unit development tentative plan, Willamette River Greenway permit, or zone change, the notice shall be posted in at least 3 locations within 500 feet of the perimeter of the subject property. Additionally, at least 1 freestanding sign at least 6 square feet in area shall be installed on the subject property, facing the improved street abutting the property, if any. For properties that abut more than one improved street, such a sign shall be installed facing each improved street.
(5) Responsibility and procedures for mailing and posting the notices described in this section may be established by administrative rule of the city manager adopted pursuant to section 2.019 of this code.