(1) In the case of a refinement plan amendment, at least 35 days prior to the planning commission public hearing the city shall submit written notice to the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development that includes the information required by state law.
(2) At least 30 days before the planning commission public hearing, written notice of the hearing and the nature of the request shall be mailed to all of the following:
(b) Owners and occupants of property that is the subject of a proposed application.
(c) Owners and occupants of property located within 300 feet of the perimeter of the subject property.
(d) The neighborhood group and community organizations officially recognized by the city council that includes the area of the subject property.
(e) Community organizations that have submitted written requests for notification.
(3) The notice shall include the following:
(a) The street address or other easily understood geographical reference to the subject property.
(b) The applicable criteria for the decision.
(c) The place, date, and time that comments are due.
(d) An explanation of the nature of the application and the proposed use or uses which could be authorized.
(e) A statement that a copy of the staff report will be available for inspection at no cost at least 7 days prior to the hearing and will be provided at reasonable cost.
(f) A general explanation of the requirements for submission of testimony and the procedure for the conduct of hearings.
(g) A statement that copies of all evidence relied upon by the applicant are available for review, and that copies can be obtained at cost.
(h) A statement that issues which may provide the basis for an appeal to the Land Use Board of Appeals must be raised in writing with sufficient specificity to enable the decision maker to respond to the issues prior to the expiration of the comment period.
(i) The name and telephone number of a city contact person.
(j) A brief summary of the local decision making process for the decision being made.
(4) The notice of a proposed change in zoning concurrent with a site specific refinement plan amendment shall serve as sufficient public notice of the possibility that an overlay zone may be added during this same hearing process.
(5) The notice shall be posted in at least 3 locations within 300 feet of the perimeter of the subject property. Additionally, at least 1 freestanding sign at least 6 square feet in area shall be installed on the subject property, facing the improved street abutting the property, if any. For properties that abut more than one improved street, such a sign shall be installed facing each improved street.
(6) Responsibility and procedures for mailing and posting the notices described in this section may be established by administrative rule of the city manager adopted pursuant to section 2.019 of this code.