(1) Application Filing. Property owner-initiated Metro Plan amendment applications shall be filed in the planning office of Eugene if within the UGB, or with Lane County if outside the UGB.
(2) Application Fee. The applicant for a property owner-initiated Metro Plan amendment shall pay an application fee in an amount set by the city manager under EC section 2.020. No application shall be processed until it is complete and the application fee is paid.
(3) Concurrent Processing with Certain Legislative Proceedings.
(a) If, upon receipt of a property owner-initiated Metro Plan Amendment (Type I or Type II), planning staff determines that the proposed amendment is part of an existing planned refinement plan or special area study adoption or amendment process, or a refinement plan or special area study adoption or amendment process is scheduled to commence within three months of the date of the Metro Plan amendment application, planning staff shall postpone processing the Metro Plan amendment.
(b) Such a requested Metro Plan amendment shall be considered in the legislative proceedings of the refinement plan or special area study.
(c) If the refinement plan or special area study process has not begun within three months of the date of the Metro Plan amendment application, the city shall continue processing the Metro Plan amendment.
(d) A Metro Plan amendment need not be postponed under subsection (a) of this section if the planning director finds:
1. There is a public need for more immediate consideration of the proposed plan amendment, or
2. Review of the proposed plan amendment as part of a refinement plan or special area study adoption or amendment process will interfere with timely completion of that process.
(4) Limitation on Refiling. The city shall not consider a property owner-initiated Metro Plan amendment application if a substantially similar or identical plan amendment has been denied by the city within the year prior to the application date unless the facts forming the basis for the denial have changed so as to allow approval. The planning director shall determine whether the proposed amendment is substantially similar or identical after providing the applicant with an opportunity to comment on the matter in writing.