(1) Council Public Hearing on Withdrawal. Generally on an annual basis, the city council shall set a date, time and place for it to conduct a hearing to consider an ordinance to withdraw annexed land from the following public service districts serving that land:
(a) A rural fire protection district;
(b) A water district, including a domestic water supply corporation;
(c) A park and recreation district;
(d) A highway lighting district;
(e) A county service district;
(f) A special road district;
(g) A road assessment district; or
(h) A sanitary district or authority.
(2) Notice of Public Hearing. Notice of the hearing, including the date, time, place and purpose of the hearing shall be:
(a) Published in a local newspaper with general circulation once each week for two successive weeks prior to the hearing date;
(b) Posted in four public places in the city for two successive weeks prior to the hearing date; and
(c) Mailed to the affected public service districts.
(3) Criteria. In determining whether to withdraw the land, the city council shall determine whether the withdrawal is in the best interest of the city.
(4) Effective Date. The effective date of the withdrawal shall be set in accordance with state law.
(5) Notice of Withdrawal. Not later than March 31 of the tax assessment year to which the withdrawal of land applies, the city shall mail notice to the County Assessor and Department of Revenue including the legal description of the boundary change and an accurate map showing the change, prepared consistent with ORS 308.225.