The planning director shall approve, conditionally approve, or deny the site review application. Unless the applicant elects to use the general criteria contained in EC 9.8440 Site Review Approval Criteria – General, where the applicant proposes needed housing, as defined by the State statutes, the planning director shall approve or approve with conditions a site review based on compliance with the following criteria:
(1) The applicant has demonstrated that the proposed housing is needed housing as defined by State statutes.
(2) For a proposal for multiple family developments, the proposal complies with the standards contained in EC 9.5500 Multiple Family Standards.
(3) For areas not included on the city’s acknowledged Goal 5 inventory, the proposal will preserve existing natural resources by compliance with all of the following:
(b) Natural resource areas designated on the comprehensive plan diagram as “Natural Resource” are protected.
(4) The proposal complies with all of the following standards:
(d) EC 9.6710(6) Geological and Geotechnical Analysis.
(e) EC 9.6730 Pedestrian Circulation On-Site.
(f) EC 9.6735 Public Access Required.
(g) EC 9.6750 Special Setback Standards.
(h) EC 9.6775 Underground Utilities.
(i) EC 9.6780 Vision Clearance Area.
(k) All other applicable development standards for features explicitly included in the application.
An approved adjustment to a standard pursuant to the provisions beginning at EC 9.8015 of this land use code constitutes compliance with the standard.
(5) Public improvements as required by this land use code or as a condition of tentative plan approval have been completed, or:
(a) A performance bond or suitable substitute as agreed upon by the city has been filed with the city finance officer in an amount sufficient to assure the completion of all required public improvements; or
(b) A petition for public improvements and for the assessment of the real property for the improvements has been signed by the property owner seeking the subdivision, and the petition has been accepted by the city engineer.